I received my Ph.D. from the Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel) under supervision of Achi Brandt and Dorit Ron, in 2008. In Fall 2012, I joined the School of Computing at Clemson University. I am also a Faculty Scholar of the Clemson University School of Health Research. Before that I was at Argonne National Laboratory. My undegraduate school is Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
I am actively looking for highly motivated students to work
with (both undergraduate and graduate). You are always welcome to stop by
my office to chat.
Click here to see if I have an immediate M.Sc/Ph.D. opening.
Undergraduate students click here.
- Multiscale Methods, Complex Systems
- Machine Learning, Data Mining
- Graph Algorithms, Network Science
- Hypothesis Generation, Text Mining
- Combinatorial Scientific Computing
- Greenville Hospital System
- Department of Education
My Erdös number is 3 (Safro-Brandt-Gillis-Erdös), and this is my Ph.D. genealogy tree (courtesy Mathematics Genealogy Project)Multiscale Methods for Networks
Talk II: When Multiscale Methods meet Network Generation
Multiscale Network Generator (software, paper)
Recent Professional Activities
- Editorial Board: PLOS ONE (Machine Learning and Data Mining Areas)
• Leibniz Center for Informatics, Dagstuhl Workshop "High-performance Graph Algorithms", 2018 (1 week)
• Session on "Scalable Algorithms for Networks" at International Symposium on Mathematical Programming 2015
• Leibniz Center for Informatics, Dagstuhl Workshop "High-performance Graph Algorithms and Applications in Computational Science", 2014 (1 week)
• ICiS Workshop "Graph and Hypergraph Problems in Computational Science", 2012 (1 week)
- Program Committee Member
• International Conference on Big Data Analytics and Knowledge Discovery (DaWaK 2018, 2019) • IEEE Cloud Summit 2019 • SIAM Workshop in Combinatorial Scientific Computing 2016 (SIAM CSC16) • Learning and Intelligent Optimization 2011, 2012, 2013 (LION11-13) • IEEE 2nd International Workshop on Network Science 2013 (NSW13)
- Advisory Board Member
• The Swiss Innovation Lab
- Grant Panels: LDRD for national labs, NASA, NSF