- Contact Information
- Amy W. Apon, Ph.D.
- Professor and Chair
- Division of Computer Science
- School of Computing
- 221 McAdams Hall
- Clemson, SC 29634
- Phone: 864-656-5769
- Fax: 864-656-0145
- Email: aapon at clemson.edu
I live on beautiful Lake Keowee.
Amy W. Apon, Ph.D.
I maintain an active research program at Clemson.
Areas of research interest include cloud computing, performance modeling and analysis of parallel and distributed system, data-intensive computing,
emerging parallel architectures,
and impact of high performance computing to research competiveness.
Our research is currently supported by the National Science Foundation, the Department of Education, BMW, HPCC Systems, LexisNexis, Elsevier Scopus, Relx Group, and Amazon.
Read more about my research team at our
website: Data Intensive Computing Lab
- Cloud Computing Architecture. CPSC 4440/6440. This course studies models and design tradeoffs of cloud computing architecture, including computing, network, storage, autoscaling, availability, and security features.
- Parallel Computer Architecture. CPSC 8200. This graduate course studies parallel processing issues in modern parallel computer systems. The course takes an experimental approach
to the study of a number of important technologies in the areas of parallel computer systems.
- Data-Intensive Computing. This graduate seminar focuses on paradigms and technologies to support the emerging interdisciplinary area of data-intensive computing.